Soccer-Awareness “One-Touch-Training” developing its relationship with movements off the ball: The Continuums “Look and Think” Model of Development
This 102 page eBook explores one touch training and movement off the ball and includes 90 pages of drills that you can do with your team. One Touch Training: Teaches the player WHEN to play one touch; and when NOT to play one touch. We are teaching players to have a ONE TOUCH MENTALITY. A One touch mentality teaches players to recognize the best options; and therefore make the best DECISIONS; BEFORE and in ADVANCE of receiving the ball.
Movement OFF the ball: This mentality conditions the mind of players OFF the ball to position and move to help the player who is receiving the ball. This means we want players to always; at every moment; THINK: “I only have One touch”; therefore this will force players to always do what I call the “LOOK and THINK” before they receive the ball to see several options and pick out their best option, which may actually be to DRIBBLE!!
When you use these training sessions consistently you will see the development of that relationship between having a ONE TOUCH mentality and Movement OFF the ball.
So in a nutshell:
- LOOK (before receiving the ball);
- MOVE (find space off the ball based on positioning of teammates and opponents):
- THINK (what is my best option?):
- EXECUTE (the Decision; or the SKILL Factor).
Players are generally all very good at playing using many touches. Dribbles and turns and running with the ball, that is more technical training. But they are often not so good at one touch quick thinking and quick decision making training. That is more skill training.
HENCE WHY WE MUST INCREASINGLY DO THIS TRAINING WITH THEM.
For the ONE TOUCH AWARENESS training game with three teams that I want everyone to do each training session for 10 minutes; to ensure we improve the players quick thinking and decision making, as well as their awareness of how to get free OFF THE BALL, here are some more ideas with the same theme so you do not have to do the same game every training session. This will also ensure the players do not get bored with the repetition of it all.
- Awareness One Touch Theme Developmental Training: Incorporating Movement Off the Ball
- The Continuums “Look and Think” Model of Development
- Soccer-Awareness: Basic Principles of Development (One Touch Play)
- Non – Competitive Awareness Numbers Game: Passing In Sequence
- Three Team Awareness One Touch Game
- Identifying Levels Of Awareness
- Teaching The Fundamentals Of The Awareness Coaching Method
- Working On Peripheral Vision Through The Specific Peripheral Vision Coaching Game
- Awareness Training And Movement Off The Ball
- Developing A Transition Game To Ensure “Movement Off The Ball” In Quick Passing Building To Awareness In One Touch Play
- Using Mannequins (Or Cones) In Training To Teach Spacing, “Movement Off The Ball” And Quick One Touch Play Where Possible
- “Movement Off The Ball” Between The Units Through The Shadow Striker
- Three Zone Training Developing “Movement Off The Ball” Using A 3 V 3 At Each End Increasing The Difficulty
- Developing Awareness And “Movement Off The Ball” Using Quick Transition Directional Play
- Teaching Movement “Off The Ball” Through The Transition Directional Target Game With 16 Players
- Developing “Movement Off The Ball” Through The Directional Passing And Support Three Zone Game
- Developing Team Play And “Movement Off The Ball” Through A Directional Four Team Awareness Game With Sixteen Players
- Improving One And Two Touch Play And “Movement Off The Ball” Using The Awareness Three Team Game Focusing On Quick Thinking, Quick And Early Foot Positioning; Support And Finishing
- Ex-Professional Player with Blackpool; England and Oulu Palloseura; Finland
- Represented Great Britain in the World Student Games in Mexico
- Bachelors of Arts in Sports Psychology
- UEFA ‘A’ License (1996)
- NSCAA Premier Diploma holder
- Author of more than 30 Coaching Books and 4 DVD’s
- DOC for Al Ain Soccer Club; United Arab Emirates; Middle East; 7 Youth National Championships in 2 years at Professional level
- Proponent of Soccer Awareness One Touch Developmental Training
- Owner Soccer Awareness Developmental Training programs